City of Indolence
The Haven is not dead but dreaming...of your mom

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/28/2019 10:33 am  #21

Re: Slackhaven.com update

Can anyone contact Chier?

7/28/2019 7:14 pm  #22

Cheir is on Facebook.  You need to be in touch?

7/29/2019 2:02 am  #23

Well I mean, need is a strong word, I just figured maybe he'd know how to fix things.

7/29/2019 8:16 am  #24

I'm pretty sure the internet isn't even real so websites are fake just like all of you

7/29/2019 2:27 pm  #25

I don't think he does, or that he or demo are inclined to fix what they deliberately allowed to happen, or we wouldn't have gone offline in the first place.  So no, but hello!

7/31/2019 10:32 pm  #26

They didn't "deliberately allow"--the breakage was all on fucking Boardhost's end.  But I definitely don't know how to repair.  But that was also always going to be the case being handed over--I could maintain it and back up within phpBB, but don't know how to manage the rest.  So it would be on a tenuous level no matter what.

It's just they fucked it all up from the get-go so we didn't even have a warning about it.  

I need time to fuck around and learn shit or play with shit.  Time I never seem to have.

Or I need access to someone who actually knows wtf happened and how to fix it from at least this damage.  (Since it seems simple enough.  But I am stuck.)

8/01/2019 4:43 pm  #27

Hence my "Can someone contact Chier" thing. Did something happen where he's super pissed off at us or something? It's hard for me to imagine him begrudging the however long it would take to fix this conversation happening. 

8/01/2019 5:46 pm  #28

This process kinda started with folks being pissy, so...  😛

8/02/2019 9:57 am  #29

"Being Pissy" and "Refusing to help fix a catastrophe" are sort of different. 

8/02/2019 10:43 pm  #30

Cheir had said he was done with us quite a while before the board itself shit the bed. if I recall correctly he left in a huff after some of us accused him of being kind of a rape apologist over the Chris Hardwick issue.

Last edited by Erindor (8/02/2019 10:46 pm)

Board footera