City of Indolence
The Haven is not dead but dreaming...of your mom

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/23/2019 6:50 am  #1

Star Trek Disco (spoilers)

So...the series ends with pike and spock on the enterprise, and discovery zooming off 900+ years into the future.  plus having spock say that everyone cannot mention burnham or discovery or anything involving control.  nice way to keep it canon, I guess, if a bit cheesy.

I think they can do away with discovery cuz I'd rather have a pike/spock series.

cuz 900+ years in the future discovery is probably boned because what does 1000 years of tech advancement look like?

6/12/2019 11:41 am  #2

Re: Star Trek Disco (spoilers)

well then.  sounds like kurtzman has basically killed star trek.  The new picard series is in trouble, cbs is out of cash for it because they had to throw so much at disco and they're also being sued because someone made a tardigrade game back in 2014 (I think?) that it looks like discovery pretty much ripped right off.

6/12/2019 1:22 pm  #3

I'm not even sure what Star Trek is anymore, or what "fans" want from a franchise. (I liked the last movie)
Never saw Discovery, but I was curious about it.

6/13/2019 9:55 am  #4

I liked 'beyond' as well, it was the most...trek like?  but the director is a trek fan.  

the problem is JJ took trek and made it star wars (because he even admitted he didn't like star trek, too cerebral) and it was a bigger success to a wider audience.  to make real money you can't make what the fans want, and real trek is a slower more thoughtful sci fi (space hippies!!).  that's a tough sell for a wide audience.  those transformer movies made a ton of money so that should tell you something.

I'm a little bothered by stewart coming out for picard after saying he'd only do it if it was a REALLY special story, and then hearing about how it's a cluster and they've shown the episodes to test audiences and it's like 75% unfavorable.

oh well.  

6/17/2019 11:52 am  #5

and now it sounds like Kurtzman got fired as showrunner of star trek.  Like, walked off the property fired.  and discovery is going to be pared back immensely.

how do orci and kurtzman keep getting jobs?

Board footera