City of Indolence
The Haven is not dead but dreaming...of your mom

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/23/2019 12:55 pm  #11

Re: Playstation 5 is looking pretty fancy

If watching progress bars slowly fill up is wrong then I don't want to be right.

4/23/2019 4:56 pm  #12

erod550 wrote:

Load time improvements over the Pro are definitely welcome. It didn't do much to improve load times over the regular PS4 that I noticed.

Also if they could please fix the dumb UI so that stuff can be moved between storages in the background like Xbox has been doing for years. Making you stare at a progress bar for literally an hour is the dumbest thing ever in the current gen. Yes even dumber than Microsoft pretending briefly that they were going to disallow resale of games. Cause at least that never actually happened.

I am wondering what Cerny's comments portend.  I certainly can't see them tossing, like, a terabyte of super-fast-uber-premium-can't-buy-for-PC-speed SSDs in a box that's supposed to target $400 or so.  (One hopes.)

It feels like it could be possible with a hybrid drive, and a system that just innately shuffles around data to optimize performance for all tasks, however.  

Also, I feel like I must remind you that the xbox is heug

4/24/2019 12:48 pm  #13

mha wrote:

erod550 wrote:

Load time improvements over the Pro are definitely welcome. It didn't do much to improve load times over the regular PS4 that I noticed.

Also if they could please fix the dumb UI so that stuff can be moved between storages in the background like Xbox has been doing for years. Making you stare at a progress bar for literally an hour is the dumbest thing ever in the current gen. Yes even dumber than Microsoft pretending briefly that they were going to disallow resale of games. Cause at least that never actually happened.

I am wondering what Cerny's comments portend.  I certainly can't see them tossing, like, a terabyte of super-fast-uber-premium-can't-buy-for-PC-speed SSDs in a box that's supposed to target $400 or so.  (One hopes.)

It feels like it could be possible with a hybrid drive, and a system that just innately shuffles around data to optimize performance for all tasks, however.  

Also, I feel like I must remind you that the xbox is heug

Can't really spread data across drives when using an external because the external can be unplugged at any time. That's where I run into the problem is moving stuff from internal to external and vice versa. I'm aware that this is really not an issue for the majority of gamers and I'm a weirdo who runs into weirdo problems. Speaking of, that's another pet peeve of mine with the PS4. My XB1s I can unplug any drive any time, unplug the whole damn thing anytime and move it around and it doesn't care. My PS4 if I have so much as a power flicker it goes into full on panic mode of "OH SHIT YOUR DATA IS FOR SURE CORRUPTED NEVER TURN THE CONSOLE OFF EVER WITHOUT FOLLOWING PROPER SHUTDOWN PROTOCOLS."

Board footera