City of Indolence
The Haven is not dead but dreaming...of your mom

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/23/2019 4:58 pm  #1

Something new for me

I don't normally respond to all the bs on twitter, but I reached my point today with Fox's bullshit propaganda giving Obama and Clinton shit for saying "Easter Worshippers" instead of Christians.  There is a huge thread that got retweeted by someone I know whining about the gaslighiting of Christians.

I'm a fucking Christian and I'm so offended by these people and their slanted assed views on Christianity.  These are the people making good, solid Christians embarrased to ever proclaim out loud that they are Christians.  It's killing me to see people just make up their own version of what is truth and not follow the teachings and actions of the one they say they follow.

I'm done - none of you are Christian and don't care, but i had to vent.

4/23/2019 5:59 pm  #2

Re: Something new for me

I can definitely understand how frustrating that must be. Hypocrisy is always infuriating, but when the hypocrites are claiming to speak for you or to share the same beliefs as you that's another level of fuck off forever.

4/23/2019 6:17 pm  #3

I’m not Christian now but was raised Lutheran, and Christmas and Easter Christians is definitely a term I’m familiar with. On any given week the attendance was way lower than what you would see on the big holidays, to the point where they had to add extra services and even then every service was packed. It was pretty obvious that some people only attended on the holidays.

4/23/2019 6:39 pm  #4

I was hoping there would be a point where conservatives and/or Christians called out the grift.  Calling people who are actually going to worship on Easter by that description to avoid saying Christians? Yuh huh it's because of shariff amores.

4/24/2019 12:39 pm  #5

I'm not Christian anymore but I was raised in the church so I know the deal and my wife is a Christian and she definitely shares your frustration with people acting exactly the opposite of how the book they supposedly follow says they should act.

4/24/2019 2:14 pm  #6

I know atheists that act more Christian than proclaimed Christians.  Jesus (at least the one I read about) would be a Democrat for most things.

4/25/2019 2:12 am  #7

Board footera