City of Indolence
The Haven is not dead but dreaming...of your mom

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/15/2019 8:34 am  #41

Re: Slackhaven.com update

What the actual fuck

8/16/2019 6:39 am  #42

No, you are the fuck
and then Deedub was a zombie

8/17/2019 12:54 pm  #43

Hi DW!

8/19/2019 8:40 am  #44

Cheirdal wrote:

Erindor wrote:

Cheir had said he was done with us quite a while before the board itself shit the bed. if I recall correctly he left in a huff after some of us accused him of being kind of a rape apologist over the Chris Hardwick issue.

You recall very wrongly, and most likely intentionally, but that's not a shocker. I stayed on Slackers for over a year after that. I was there until Demo gave you guys months to take over the new board. I was very clear to MHA in the Moderator's forum about being extremely careful with the PHPBB transfer to another PHPBB board.

Neios' crazy rant at me and Demo has definitely killed any inclination I may have had to help out. 

I'm not blaming MHA. His heart was in the right place and he tried to take over the board when no one else was stepping up. 

There was no transfer to another board even made.  I wanted to learn all the backup mechanisms in place to make sure SH would be fine while testing a new environment.  A MyHosting tech did something to fuck it up.  The SQL/index file/whatever damage was done in a place I didn’t even access yet.  But I have no ability yet to figure it out, and Demo could not either.  Doesn’t matter how “very clear” anyone was about anything, it was a host fuckup, they don’t have auto-backups, the board didn’t have one running, and I didn’t have access to anyone who knew how they were running and how to use them if, say, a host fuckup did occur. 

At any rate my artist friend essentially has an unlimited hosting plan and easy setup for phpBB so I’m going to get a bit of side help to see what happens with just the phpBB backup/restore since I couldn’t do that into a boardhost-like environment. 

The MyHosting environment still exists and is repairable—probably.  Or restorable from backup to October 2018, also-probably, for someone who knows how to operate that end of it.

8/19/2019 1:34 pm  #45

If you use an October 2018 backup then we have to act like it's still 2018 or else my immersion will be ruined.

8/19/2019 1:50 pm  #46

Das Thug wrote:

One of us should revive the lore network. Time is a flat circle.

I would absolutely do that if I could.  I tried contacting them around the time the boards were detonating for backup data.  😝

8/26/2019 1:50 pm  #47

Das Thug wrote:

No, you are the fuck

Wut?

Hi Erindor!

9/07/2019 4:51 pm  #48

Deedub wrote:

Das Thug wrote:

No, you are the fuck

Wut?

Hi Erindor!

You are the fuck zombie, what's so hard to understand about that?

9/09/2019 8:53 am  #49

now this thread is finally getting sexy

9/11/2019 9:04 pm  #50

Well it is about butts.

Board footera