City of Indolence
The Haven is not dead but dreaming...of your mom

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/08/2019 11:07 pm  #11

Re: Slackhaven.com update

It's less of a "slow process" and more of a "no one knows wtf to do" right now.  So...  

On my own, I am going to have to search for something "boardhost-like-but-using-pbpBB" and see if I can upload the Slackers database to it.  

I do not possess website skills to do much of anything, so that kind of thing I'd have to develop by fucking around, which I may do.  THAT is definitely a slow process, since I have to work around...  work.  And decompressing from shitty workstuff on weekends.

6/10/2019 1:30 pm  #12

6/10/2019 2:47 pm  #13

I glad to hear you’re still trying. It would be very nice to have Slackers back.

6/10/2019 9:03 pm  #14

6/11/2019 5:29 am  #15

There are a number of services like Boardcity that use phpBB as the base instead, but so far the ones I've been able to look at are A) pretty dead, but most importantly B) un-restore-data-able-into.  I assume because they don't want spam/illegal content easily jammable in.  But there was at least one that had a paid ability to do so (as in email the admins and stuff), but wasn't based around phpBB.

It's weird to see "backup" exposed in the Admin Control Panel, but not "restore" tho.  LIke...  what can do do with the backup, then?  

6/11/2019 9:32 am  #16

can you just use a bulletin board we can all phone into?

6/11/2019 5:42 pm  #17

Wildcat BBS, it's make it happen.

Peruse my middle-school years, fuckers:  http://bbslist.textfiles.com/201/

6/11/2019 6:38 pm  #18

A rather novel color scheme.

7/16/2019 9:15 am  #19

Not fully dead.  There's still some good conversations happening here, just fewer.  Glad to have you join in!

7/16/2019 1:35 pm  #20

Still a few adventures left..."Stranger Things" but with a twist of lime.

Board footera