City of Indolence
The Haven is not dead but dreaming...of your mom

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/15/2019 12:55 pm  #31

Re: Planescape Spin-up thread

12/08/2019 4:32 pm  #32

12/09/2019 7:43 pm  #33

You are all at level 3 indeed.  And here is your loot from the cave of life & death:

1 orange gem (and 1 grateful ango)- 2ish electrum?
2 grell tentacles
4 'crystal' mushrooms
1 metal cylinder, magic- a chime of opening with 3 charges
1 cloak, magic- a cloak of defense +1, currently worn by saara
silver stiletto, not magic
29 gp 10 sp from various sources
1 purple gem of unknown value/make
1 ring of light (as the cantrip + a focus for goodnick's heal)
3 glowing/phosphorescent mushrooms
1500 gp fee from Sever

12/09/2019 7:47 pm  #34

There are any number of places to shop in Sigil.  Prices are reasonable in Swordhold, since many of the shops buy and trade with the local craftsman on Smith Street.  You can find any basic equipment in the PHB.  If you're in the market for something more esoteric or exotic, Jesker or Sever can point you in the right direction.  

12/10/2019 8:59 am  #35

Got my lvl 3 sheet locked and loaded:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hculojaSudn4R3q5sa2HWZKr0gcv_WL56Vgu1DXOvR0/edit#gid=0

Also, now that my kensai weapons are set I am certainly interested in buying an upgrade for my naginata (anything that falls under the spear umbrella works I guess), but I am unsure if we are able to afford magical stuff yet? +1's and the like.

12/10/2019 4:48 pm  #36

You poke around the shops a bit.  You see chinsy-looking magic blades going for upwards of 1000 gp (+1), but nothing that immediately strikes you as either affordable with your own cut of the loot, or well-made enough to be mounted on a naginata haft.  

Last edited by neios (12/10/2019 4:49 pm)

12/10/2019 4:58 pm  #37

this is why they don't have black friday in sigil

12/15/2019 5:20 pm  #38

During your long rest, as you feel your skills grow each of you has a dream.   It isn't mystic in any way.
What do you remember of your dream when you wake up?

Aleseus:
Aleseus dreams of rock people trying to convince him to eat gems because they are delicious, and he argues with them that he can’t eat gems. Finally he agrees to try just one and sure enough it is delicious and tastes like mint

12/17/2019 2:02 pm  #39

Goodnick:

Goodnick is struggling through a crowd of celestial beings, tugging at robes as he tries to get someone's attention, but the majestic figures ignore the little duodrone as they prepare their holy ritual.

In the crystal clear skies above the heavenly city of Yesteria, on the sixth mountain of Celestia, countless winged figures spiral about an empty point in space.

Seers have accurately predicted a planar breach from the Abyss that will soon rend the skies above the Glittering Heaven. They have calculated the time of occurance down to the millisecond, and through the weaving of a divine ritual, the assembled heavenly hosts can terminate the breach at the precise moment it forms.

The small intruder from Mechanus is blind to all this activity, however. All he sees is an ancient clock face high in the zuggerat of Yesteria that is said to have counted down the hours since the beginning of time itself. He is not put off by its magnifigence, however; instead, all he can see is that it is running three point eight seconds behind.

The ritual will be completed prior to the breach forming, and he is the only one who notices.

Crystalline mists swirl around the modron as he labrously scales the sheer face of the zuggerat leading up to the celestial clock. The surface of the rockface has become slick with ice, slowing his methodological progress. The hands of the great clock loom above, its inaccuracy taunting him. There is not enough time to reach it.

Goodnick climbs.

12/19/2019 5:03 pm  #40

I think Goodnick is going to wake up on the roof.

Board footera