City of Indolence
The Haven is not dead but dreaming...of your mom

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/09/2019 9:48 am  #31

Re: Planescape Character Discussions

rock

robot rock

5/10/2019 12:50 am  #32

I think I may tinker with Aleseus a little more. The more I think about his upbringing, the more I'm convinced the Acolyte background is a better fit than Outlander.

5/10/2019 5:33 am  #33

Backgrounds to me are the most remixable without solid rules. You get a couple of languages, a couple of skill proficiences, some gear in your pocket and a single unique feature. Go nuts playing with them within those parameters.  I'm sure you wouldn't be the only religious tribalist out in the world if you mixed outlander and acolyte.

5/10/2019 10:54 am  #34

neios wrote:

Backgrounds to me are the most remixable without solid rules. You get a couple of languages, a couple of skill proficiences, some gear in your pocket and a single unique feature. Go nuts playing with them within those parameters. I'm sure you wouldn't be the only religious tribalist out in the world if you mixed outlander and acolyte.

Perfect, because I think I need to mix hermit and soldier for my dude. Warforged sort of has soldier baked-in, as they are literally created as such, but the monk pursuits are pure hermit.

5/11/2019 9:06 pm  #35

neios wrote:

Okay, so who is down?  I've got our regulars:

Gorzy
Fuzzly
Erindor
Das Thug
Coyote

And then:
MHA as a maybe
Introducing perhaps Sheep?

I'll post some final lore enticements this week and then ya'll should roll characters so I can weave in your details.

Tech specs: Tabletop simulator on Steam ($20) and Discord (Free)

which discord are you after?

there's a discord bot maker and a discord bot controls on steam

5/12/2019 12:29 pm  #36

Admittedly it's been a very long time, but I don't recall getting Discord through Steam. I think I just googled it and it was a free download, and I got it from the Apple App Store for my phone.  Tabletop Simulator you will have to buy on Steam.

5/13/2019 6:14 am  #37

Yeah just regular old Discord.

5/15/2019 10:32 pm  #38

OK, here is the custom background I put together blending the Acolyte and Outlander backgrounds.  I didn't bother with starting equipment, because I'm using the roll dice for starting money rule and buying all my gear rather than using that the class and background normally provide.

Exiled Nature Cultist

Skill Proficiencies: Religion, Survival
Languages: Sylvan, Abyssal
Feature: Wanderer
You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to 5 other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.

5/15/2019 10:37 pm  #39

And just to keep things above board, when I rolled for starting money I got a 4 on 2d4.

5/15/2019 11:15 pm  #40

Board footera