City of Indolence
The Haven is not dead but dreaming...of your mom

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/08/2019 9:21 am  #21

Re: Planescape Character Discussions

Undead feed off negative energy, so maybe he can only heal by being hit by necrotic damage spells

5/08/2019 10:07 am  #22

I could also just surround myself with goths.

5/08/2019 10:08 am  #23

Yep, and the ol Final Fantasy solution.  There's also alchemy/mortuary skills (a la Planescape: Torment embalming fluid and needle/thread), or allowing healing magic to do half HP (essentially making it a resistance).  Lots of balance possibilities.

Last edited by neios (5/08/2019 10:09 am)

5/08/2019 11:34 am  #24

wizards usually have some negative energy spells that heal friendly undead, don't they? Pale Master from I think 3.5 was all about that I think.

Also, preview of my Warforged monk meeting Sheep's char:

Last edited by Das Thug (5/08/2019 11:35 am)

5/08/2019 12:13 pm  #25

5/08/2019 12:29 pm  #26

maybe I missed it what system are we using?

5/08/2019 12:34 pm  #27

We are using 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons.

5/08/2019 1:08 pm  #28

So we are looking at 2 robots, a lich, a minotaur, a farmer, and... do we know what Fuzzly is running?

5/08/2019 1:25 pm  #29

No, I was hoping he'd have something to say about the Ravnica background stuff.

5/09/2019 9:31 am  #30

Okay neios here is a proposed background:

Remote Cog Maintainer

Skills:
ATHETICS. The vast distances of Mechanus can leave a modron worker far away from those of its own kind, reliant on its own capabilities. To this end, remote cog maintainers are expected to stay in peak physical condition to optimize the lifting of shifted gears, seperation of jammed cogs, and the like.
ARCANA. The lines between mathematics and magic become blurred in the clockwork plane. As extensive mathematical knowledge is required to properly maintain and align the gears of infinity, this deep understanding of mathematical formulae provides a good deal of insight into the mysteries of the arcane.

Tool Proficiencies:
NAVIGATOR'S TOOLS. Planagraphical precision is fundamental for cog maintenance; as such, each Remote Cog Maintainer is properly trained in using navigator's tools.
FORGERY KIT. While your average modron couldn't even comprehend the concept of "forgery", one thing they certainly understand is precision copying; every document or note produced by a modron must slavishly follow the same format, syntax, and physical appearance of the original template to be considered legitimate.

Equipment:
Small belt pouch with 10 gp. Remote Cog Maintainers do not know why they are expected to carry 10 units of rounded mineral disks with them but if there is a surprise inspection they better not find themselves with 9, or even worse, 11.
Common Clothes. Well, it's really just a belt. More of a sash tied around the modron. Let's just say, common clothes.

Feature:
METHODICALIST
Solving a problem correctly means not being in a rush; quality and precision require time. However, that's no reason to just waste precious ticks of the eternal clock on doing things willy-nilly, which would be insufferably wasteful.

When you attempt to analyze and improve a complex process that takes longer than 10 hours, you can reduce the time required by 1d4 hours (or, in the case of tasks that take longer than 10 days, by 1d4 days) by streamlining the process in use and potentially acting as an assistant for less efficiency-focused beings. This applies to processes up to and including ritual spell casting, learning a new language, learning new tool proficiencies, architectural construction, and establishment of a business. You may apply your methodical approach to your own tasks, or to those taken by others who are willing to accept your expertise.

Board footera