City of Indolence
The Haven is not dead but dreaming...of your mom

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/29/2019 10:50 am  #1

Planescape Character Discussions

So, I'm totally viriginal at Planescape and wanted to create a thread away from homebrew just on character development.

I have zero concept what to be yet, so I was thinking just plain schmuck.  A dude going about his binness and gets sucked into this and has to learn to be a hero.  Maybe a blacksmith or a farmer that has developed strength or agiilty or something due to his/her chosen profession.  Could even be fun to be a guy that got transported to a girl body.  Does that happen?

4/29/2019 11:02 am  #2

Re: Planescape Character Discussions

There are definitely some funky spells and portals out there, and potions that switch bodies, races or genders on you are a tried and true DnD tradition.  I'm all for any of those.

But keep in mind that you are not currently in Sigil or Outland, so you aren't responsible for coming up with a reason or plot hook to get you there.  

I'll be posting more tidbits throughout the week, including some known prime material worlds/planes to help you develop background.

4/29/2019 3:31 pm  #3

I like it. Gorzy is Arthur Dent from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

4/29/2019 4:33 pm  #4

I confused this thread with the pc game "Planescape: Torment," which was awesome.

Probably should think about factions.

4/29/2019 4:55 pm  #5

It's your character, but if you do run a peasant I'm kind of hoping you fight with a pitchfork.  When all the people in the planes will see a guy with a pitchfork they will assume you are a devil.

4/30/2019 8:12 am  #6

Gorzy wrote:

So, I'm totally viriginal at Planescape and wanted to create a thread away from homebrew just on character development.

I have zero concept what to be yet, so I was thinking just plain schmuck.  A dude going about his binness and gets sucked into this and has to learn to be a hero.  Maybe a blacksmith or a farmer that has developed strength or agiilty or something due to his/her chosen profession.  Could even be fun to be a guy that got transported to a girl body.  Does that happen?

You could also be a really self important noble that gets sucked into it realizing all his nobleness don't mean squat anymore.  Good roleplaying opportunities there for comedic effect.

4/30/2019 12:20 pm  #7

got caught up in a court thing.  more lore soon.

4/30/2019 1:40 pm  #8

Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court

Total fish out of water idea.

5/07/2019 1:03 pm  #9

Okay, so who is down?  I've got our regulars:

Gorzy
Fuzzly
Erindor
Das Thug
Coyote

And then:
MHA as a maybe
Introducing perhaps Sheep?

I'll post some final lore enticements this week and then ya'll should roll characters so I can weave in your details.

Tech specs: Tabletop simulator on Steam ($20) and Discord (Free)

5/07/2019 2:08 pm  #10

so we're kind of, to borrow the previous game, in the wild west.  we can kinda go 'nuts' as long as it's not overpowered, etc?

Board footera