City of Indolence
The Haven is not dead but dreaming...of your mom

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/06/2019 2:52 pm  #11

Re: Xbox Game Pass

Nice. I actually canceled because I got sucked back into DAoC so hard I haven't been touching my consoles hardly at all for the last 2 months. I'll get it again when my every 3 years MMO obsession wears off.

6/07/2019 12:10 pm  #12

So is it going to be like Steam?

6/07/2019 4:03 pm  #13

wait - DAoC is a thing still?

6/07/2019 5:19 pm  #14

Gorzy wrote:

It sure is. The game still exists in an official capacity, having had X years of updates, but there are also free third party servers that emulate earlier periods of the game (generally the first expansion).

6/10/2019 2:42 pm  #15

Gorzy wrote:

Like Thug said yea it's still going. The Live servers are still up (I think there's only actually one server left after many consolidations). I'm not playing on Live though. I'm playing on a custom freeshard that is based on the game as it was after the first expansion (patch 1.65) with a ton of quality of life upgrades to make leveling faster both in PvE and PvP, with some tweaks to abilities as well as having randomly generated loot drop from pretty much everything so you always have decent gear. Some rule changes as well such as no buffbots (buffing characters on a separate account that you just park somewhere so you can be fully buffed all the time) that most people universally agreed were bad things in the Live game.

I've already put in 450+ hrs in the last 2.5 months and I'm not bored yet. I've basically been playing every class in the game and only have one level 50 so far with close to 40 total characters, heh.

Board footera