City of Indolence
The Haven is not dead but dreaming...of your mom

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/07/2019 9:15 am  #51

Re: A Thread of Games in Exile (with Spoilers)

so the trailer for next week shows euron with concern on his face looking up.  curious what would terrify him since the dragon is easy prey.  they make armor for the dragon really quickly?  the dragon carrying 'bombs' in his claws would be pretty funny.

5/08/2019 7:45 am  #52

Could be.  I feel like Dany has tricks up her sleeve.  Tyrion might know where some unexploded green fire things are.  And the scorpions are all up on the ramparts, so maybe he's concerned that they are being taken out by Dany's forces?

Could be just a face full of Dragonfire though.

5/08/2019 8:14 pm  #53

5/09/2019 6:51 pm  #54

Guy called it back in 2017; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoLhcdapmqg

Why Season 8 of Game of Thrones Doesn't Work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KoScPK00P0

5/12/2019 9:31 pm  #55

If Benioff and Weiss revealed in an interview at some point in the future that the last season was an elaborate troll and they just wanted to write the absolute dumbest shit possible I would immediately believe it.

5/13/2019 5:24 am  #56

5/13/2019 5:43 am  #57

Dany wanting to be a hero but also being potentially crazy is definitely the plot of the books, but man when you rush it like this? No bueno.

I see a way to write Jaime's story into an almost redemption that then gets tragically and very humanly thwarted by his past feelings but bleh.  Again, you need time to tell that.

And talk about wasting Cersei, one of the best TV characters since Breaking Bad.

Sigh, whelp.

5/13/2019 5:54 am  #58

I agree.  the amount of plot lines they've tried to tie up this season has another 1 or 2 seasons in it.  Whose decision was it to end the series at this season?  were all the actors contracts up?

it's been ridiculously rushed.  plus horrid military tactics.  One being Cersei is smart enough, she would've had some scorpions installed at the red keep.

I also think tyrion would've sided with varys in a non rushed season.

5/13/2019 6:33 am  #59

To be fair to that meme above, last night was the first time she just actually went crazy and burned up a bunch of innocent for people for absolutely no reason. Every other instance was bad people who had personally wronged/threatened her, or enemy combatants. Having a super powerful weapon and being willing to use it against your enemies is very different from just nuking a city full of civilians after the battle is over.

5/13/2019 7:27 am  #60

Also what was with the green fire explosions throughout the city last night.  That's all you're using them for, visuals?  Unless someone gets Alchemy'd! next week, these writers need to write me an essay on Chekov's Gun.

Board footera