City of Indolence
The Haven is not dead but dreaming...of your mom

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/01/2019 12:58 pm  #41

Re: A Thread of Games in Exile (with Spoilers)

Since Sunday, I've been thinking more and more about the azor azhai prophecy.  I wonder if the WWs are really gone.

5/01/2019 1:40 pm  #42

You can nitpick literally everything if you really want to. This episode was badass. I don't care if some armchair medieval battle "expert" on reddit doesn't think they did exactly the right things. I was fully entertained for the entire episode.

5/01/2019 3:24 pm  #43

Well - they aren't medieval - they are 7 kingdoms and maybe that's how they do it!

5/01/2019 3:54 pm  #44

loved the episode.  loved the ice and fire visuals.  but there's no question it was shot too dark and the charge itself was dumb baby butts stuff.

Last edited by neios (5/01/2019 3:58 pm)

5/05/2019 9:38 pm  #45

I think I am going to be really frustrated/disappointed at this time in two weeks.

5/06/2019 7:01 am  #46

neios wrote:

Since Sunday, I've been thinking more and more about the azor azhai prophecy.  I wonder if the WWs are really gone.

that's been rolling around a bit in my head too.  I mean, it's probably overthinking it and since they've outran the books the show has definitely changed.  I mean, it would be incredible if there was another night king, or queen for that matter.  the dead army would be absolutely massive and what attacked winterfell was huge but, it could easily have been twice that.

5/06/2019 7:56 am  #47

I will be absolutely shocked if there's any more supernatural stuff at all. We have one episode left for the battle at kings landing and then the final episode for I guess dealing with crazy dany and the forging of new alliances among the folks who are left.

5/06/2019 4:42 pm  #48

The battle at Kings Landing is going to be very disappointing compared to the battle at Winterfell I think. Especially if the dragon is essentially neutralized by all the giant crossbows. I don't see them writing it that way to where the last dragon can't impact the fight at all though. That would be really dumb.

5/06/2019 5:47 pm  #49

Could be used as a really good cheap ploy to keep the battle from being over too quick- oh no! they've taken out our scorpions!  Here comes that dragon!

But you can kind of feel their budget starting to fail.  Both sides felt no bigger than dodgeball teams at the big confrontation.  Hopefully they are saving some more expensive battle scenes.

5/06/2019 7:05 pm  #50

Board footera