City of Indolence
The Haven is not dead but dreaming...of your mom

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/22/2019 8:00 am  #1

A Thread of Games in Exile (with Spoilers)

This season is really worth the wait.  I'm not sure if I'm particularly easy to jerk tears from, but Season 8 Episode 2 (Number 69 overall nice) made me choke up like a couple of times.

4/22/2019 9:57 am  #2

Re: A Thread of Games in Exile (with Spoilers)

It was a real nice episode with a number of powerful character moments that made me think "oh no this character is going to die next week"

4/22/2019 10:55 am  #3

Also, I love the theory that the NK himself is skipping the battle entirely and riding his zombie dragon straight to King's Landing to start raising another army from the ~1 million people that live there.

4/22/2019 11:02 am  #4

Yeah he was sure conspicuous by his absence.  Something is going down for sure.  That will reverse the whole 'what do we do about Cersei' question.

I am also 100% on board with the theory that the creepy arm spiral is just the Targaryen dragon reversed.

[img]https://images.immediate.co.uk/volatile/sites/3/2019/04/Screen-Shot-2019-04-18-at-10.48.40-a573e1c.png?quality=90&resize=410,273[/img]

4/22/2019 11:26 am  #5

I dunno if I buy that. The White Walker patterns have roots in their Children of the Forest/First Men origins I believe, both of which are completely disconnected from Valyria.

Last edited by Das Thug (4/22/2019 11:30 am)

4/22/2019 11:55 am  #6

I felt that way when I only took the heads into account.  But when my boss repeated this to me I noticed that the rest of the dragon's body, wings, tails and weird laurel thing makes a full spiral.  To reverse that for the WW symbol is too much to be a coincidence, like an unfired Chekhov's gun.  There's something there, some relation.  Ice and fire, snow zombies and dragons, duality.  I'm 100% all in on this one.

Last edited by neios (4/22/2019 12:03 pm)

4/22/2019 1:44 pm  #7

4/22/2019 1:49 pm  #8

sansa for president of england

arya got that strong baratheon seed, now she's gonna poop out bobby b jr jr.

4/23/2019 6:48 am  #9

the episode really did feel like 'here's one last time with all those secondary characters you like cuz you ain't seeing them much longer'.  which is fine.  has to be death I'd imagine.

and I agree, wife and I talked about the night king doing an end around with the dragon and a squad of black beret undead.

problem.  they mentioned the crypts like a BUNCH of times.  NK likes to raise dead things.  they know this.  maybe not put the non fighty types where the dead people are?

4/23/2019 7:17 am  #10

oh god, i hope they have a plan for the fucking crypts!

Board footera